We've decided to do a Holiday Ornament Exchange or "Swap"...notice we say holiday because not everyone worships Santa! The purpose is to craft 4-6 ornaments with a Whedonverse theme and send them to 4-6 different recipients. In return you will receive 4-6 completely different and lovely ornaments to adorn your tree or any place you'd like.
Make them out of whatever you want! Wood, knit, sew, paint, draw, sculpt, paper craft, glue, recycle old ornaments (earth friendly!)....have fun with it! I myself may make something in a Serenity Ship Shrinky dink or perhaps make some mini Stakes or something.
Whedonverse Holiday Ornament Swap sign-ups begin right now. Sign-ups will end on November 9th at 11:59 U.S. Eastern Standard Time (New York time.) To find out what time that is where you live click here.
Please be willing to go through with this entire thing before signing up. Deadbeats will ruin it and we don't want to screw anyone's holiday bushes up (hee!) Here are the guidelines:
1. Sign up for the swap by sending an email with the following information to email@example.com by November 9th.
- email address
- your website or blog (if you have one)
- whether your are willing to ship internationally
2. On November 12th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses and email addresses of 4-6 other swap participants to send your ornaments to.
3. Design a Whedon themed ornament that you can create multiples of (or make each one unique, up to you) and make your fabulous ornaments.
4. Package your ornaments well...especially if you create anything fragile. (Note that most international shipping requirements do not allow for any plant life or food type stuff.)
5. Send one of your ornaments to each person on the list of 4-6 other swap participants in your group by December 4th.
6. Sit back, relax and wait as you receive 4-6 lovely Whedonverse ornaments in the mail!
7. If you would like to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive, please do so in the swap flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/buffyfestholidayswap. You will need a flickr account to upload photos. A flickr account is free and easy to set up. you are responsible for posting your own photos if you wish to do so.
8. A note on international shipping. Please only select international shipping if you are willing to ship at least 2-3 of your ornaments overseas. Research the cost of shipping and take that into account when you design your ornament--lighter and more compact ornaments are cheaper to ship.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org