Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We Have an Advance copy of Buffy Issue #34 - Translation: "OMFGWTFCAKES!"

Michelle's take:
Scott Allie just gave me the bestest birthday present ever - Buffy Issue #34, two days early. That's right people, I've read it and wow, I'm just...wow. I've read some speculation on fan sites today and all I keep screaming in my head is, "YOU HAVE NO IDEA!" I'm not going to spoil anything, but suffice it to say that this issue is filled with lots and lots of information and lots and lots of...well, everything! If you're looking for Buffy and Buffy to move in a different direction then I'd say this issue is for you. If you're an extreme shipper on any side of the fence, I'd say, hold onto your hats for this one. The art is fantastic and the issue is choc full of lore. Every issue since #32 has had me jonesing for the next and this one's no exception. If I had money in internet stock right now, I'd sell because I'm pretty sure the internets might explode tomorrow.


Tara's take:
Michelle's birthday has become all of our birthday because I read it too and whoa-oah! This issue is Cra-a-azy! To quote Ryan "JOSS!" ::with fists in the air:: What can I say without SAYING it? Well, issue #34 definitely over the top in a way that only a comic could be (or I guess a blockbuster movie with a huge effects/costume/actor budget.) My mouth was open the entire time. It's totally and completely shocking, in more ways than one.

I'm not going to even pretend to gauge fan reaction to this one. Nope, not me! I can't even deal. I'll be over here assuming crash position...with popcorn, of course.


Bitsy's take:
What to say, really, without giving it away? I don't even think the issue can be fully processed on a single read. What's interesting is that a lot of things get explained but I still don't have a clue what's going on or why. There are so many layers to this story and the scope is so big that, the more you know, the more you don't. I feel like Brad's arc is saying "Hey, everybody? You're totally screwed. I've got to go but, here, I'll let Joss explain to you just exactly how screwed you really are." Oh, and one other thing: Buffy? I guess she's done baking because her and Angel are making cookies like there's no tomorrow. By the way: it's possible that there actually is no tomorrow.

11 comments:

Nat said...

I'm very intrigued right now... can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

Gah! NO FAIR! Me wants, like, now.

Very intrigued by your comments....especially the part about Buffy and ... Buffy moving in different directions.

Thanks for the teases. You teases! *g*

-Lucinda

Gabby said...

EXCITED time one thousand.

On another note:
Happy birthday Michelle! <3

Can't wait for tomorrow. I've re-read the whole of Season 8, so I'm all set.

Unknown said...

Where are my manners....Happy birthday Michelle!

AndrewCrossett said...

Just one non-spoilery question... does this issue give us a good explanation for why Buffy suddenly stopped trying to kill Angel and threw herself at him?

I'll sleep better tonight if I know this.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Andrew,
Sorry, but I think that's something you'll have to judge for yourself.

tranquillity said...

Gahhhhh! This is all such a tease! The publicity from DH promises us "Titans coming together with a bizzare twist" and your cryptic 'reviews' have got my mind spinning and thinking crazy thoughts - At the moment I'm thinking that the bizarre twist is that Angel and Spike are somehow the one entity... and that would be horrible. Is it tomorrow yet?? The comic has to be more sane than my own imagination!!

Kaaren said...

Woo. Big teasers! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!
I know you don't wanna tell yet, but please please please, I have to know!
If you can, it would be great if you sent me an email about what does all this mean!
insultedme@gmail.com

PLEASE! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! All I can think about is "Buffy? I guess she's done baking because her and Angel are making cookies like there's no tomorrow." I've been waiting for this B/A reunion FOREVER! *SQUEE*

Anonymous said...

Nothing gets explained. Giles is so busy being cryptic he makes no sense. Meanwhile, Buffy & Angel boink.

Terrible issue.