Friday, October 22, 2010
Wasn't that awesome? If this is your first time reading about the swap, let us explain. The event is about crafting 4-6 ornaments with a Whedonverse theme and sending them to 4-6 different recipients. In return you will receive 4-6 completely different handmade ornaments from around the globe to adorn your xmas tree, holiday bush, menorah, or any place you'd like. As you can see from the photos, you really can make them out of anything: Wood, knit, sew, paint, draw, sculpt, paper craft, recycle old ornaments (earth friendly!)....have fun with it!
If you'd like to join, sign-ups begin right now and will end on Friday, November 5th at 11:59 PM U.S. EST. Please be willing to go through with this entire thing before signing up, though! Deadbeats will ruin the holiday cheer for everyone and make people sad. Here are the guidelines in 7 easy steps:
1. Sign up for the swap by sending an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5th.
- email address
- your website or blog (if you have one)
- whether your are willing to ship internationally*
2. On November 7th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses and email addresses of 4-6 swap participants for you to send your ornaments to. (Again, you will have access to each others home addresses, as well as email addresses. Please contact each other with any questions, disputes or praise.)
3. Design and create multiple Whedon themed ornaments!
4. Package your ornaments well - especially if you create anything fragile. (Note that most international shipping requirements do not allow for any plant life or food type stuff.)
5. Send one of your ornaments to each person on the list of 4-6 other swap participants in your group by December 1st.
6. Sit back and relax as you wait to receive 4-6 lovely Whedonverse ornaments in the mail!
7. If you would like to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive, please do so in the swap flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/buffyfestholidayswap. You will need a flickr account to upload photos, which is easy to set up.
*A note on international shipping: Please only select international shipping if you are willing to ship at least 2-3 of your ornaments overseas. Take the cost of shipping into account when you design your ornament. Lighter and more compact ornaments are cheaper to ship.
Any questions? Email email@example.com