Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Buffyfest Interviews Elisabeth Rohm

As you all full well know, actress, writer and activist Elisabeth Rohm graced our screens as Kate in Angel's first season. We recently caught up with her and she was nice enough to give us a few minutes to chat and catch up on old times.

First and foremost, we wanted to know about how cool working on the freshman year of Angel must have been and how it was working with the cast. "Mostly I just remember how loyal and protective David was....he's such a great person...always had my back."

As far as the character of Kate, if she had remained part of the show, "She would have probably continued being much like she was, but really being an ally to Angel." Ever wonder if she received any hate mail from fans at the time who were afraid that Kate would be Angel's next blond? Rohm confirmed that luckily never happened. See? 'Shippers can be reasonable at times.

Moving on to the present, on Kate's super-skin tight outfits in the comic continuation of Angel, Rohm commented, "I love the comics! She's hotter than I was! I love that! I'm all about being a super hot action hero!"

Elizabeth Rohm is definitely a fan of the Whedonverse, too. She watches reruns of the shows and elaborates " I love Angel, Buffy and all things Joss Whedon. I'm a fan first!" Not only is she a fan of the shows, but she's also inspired by us, her fans who continue to give her support. She spoke to us about her upcoming event at Wizard Annaheim and her in-person interactions with the fan community. "I am so grateful to my fans. I am there for them and they are there for me pushing all of this forward! The fans are awesome and I count on them!" Besides fan events, she's a big fan of Twitter saying, "I love tweeting with fans. I really appreciate having a way to stay connected!"

Elizabeth has a few new projects coming out, including a thriller by John Singleton called Abduction where she shares the screen with another supernatural hottie, Twilight's favorite werewolf, Taylor Lautner. "I'm a huge fan of John Singelton," Rohm shared, "so Abduction was a personal milestone for me. John is such a master! I'm sure it's going to be a great film!"

As if she's not busy enough, she's working on her 2nd novel, Desire which is being released soon. As for the writing process, "Desire has stayed pretty close to my original thought...I hand write and then type. Very slow process!!!"

Thanks again, Elisabeth Rohm!

No comments: