Holy smokes! Is it really that time of year again? We're happy to announce the 4th Annual Whedonverse Holiday Ornament Swap. Wooo! We're so excited to do this every year and have witnessed such amazing Whedony Holiday creativity. See for yourself the several hundred photos of festive craftiness from years past:
If you'd like to join us, sign-ups begin right now and will end one week from today, November 15th at 11:59 PM U.S. EST. And please be willing to go through with this entire thing before signing up! Deadbeats ruin the holiday fun. Here are the guidelines in 6 easy steps:
1. Sign up for the swap by sending an email with the subject "MERRY WHEDON" and the following information to email@example.com by November 15th.
- email address
- your website or blog (if you have one)
- whether your are willing to ship internationally*
2. On November 16th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses and email addresses of 4-6 swap participants for you to send your ornaments to. (Again, you will have access to each others home addresses, as well as email addresses. Please contact each other with any questions, disputes or praise.)
3. Design and create the multiple Whedon themed ornaments!
4. Package your ornaments well - especially if you create anything fragile. (Note that most international shipping requirements do not allow for any plant life or food type stuff.) and send one ornament to each person on the list of 4-6 other swap participants in your group by Monday, December 5th.
5. Sit back and relax as you wait to receive 4-6 lovely Whedonverse ornaments in the mail!
6. Then, share photos of the ornaments you make and receive by uploading to the swap flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/buffyfestholidayswap. You will need a flickr account to upload photos, which is easy to set up.
*A note on international shipping: Please only select international shipping if you are willing to ship at least 2-3 of your ornaments overseas. Take the cost of shipping into account when you design your ornament. Lighter and more compact ornaments are cheaper to ship.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org