If you can't sleep tonight, it's probably because tomorrow is the day that Dark Horse Comics is releasing the inaugural issue of their new Spike series - Spike: A Dark Place! After duking it out for the past few days, explaining to us why they love (or hate) the vampire Spoike, 5 lucky winners will be receiving the first issue in their inbox for free. That's right, FAST & FREE! They won't even have to leave their seat! Dark Horse awesomely gave us these digital copies to share with you and we've now randomly chosen who will be receiving them. But first!
|Steve Morris (Variant Cover)|
"Having fought to regain his soul after falling in love with the Slayer Buffy, the once-terrifying vampire villain Spike has been a bit less fearsome (to humans, at least). On his own adventure, Spike is forced to examine the man he once was, the man he is now, and the man he still hopes to become.
As master of a steampunk ship filled with loyal, oversized alien cockroaches, Spike embarks on a journey to the dark side of the moon, setting into motion an adventure filled with demons, witches, and others who brew new evil in the world without magic!
Spike visits the dark side!"
So without further ado, the fortuitous winners of our Spike #1 contest (and their feelings toward Spoike himself) are:
1. Aaron bailey! aka @aaronoscar who says: "words-cannot-describe how much of an Amazing Inspiring Influence.."And He will Be Loved. Can we rest now?" Check out his lovely art here: http://aaronoz.deviantart.com/art/Can-We-Rest-Now-321479162
2. Natasha Santana! aka @LaNataYTony6 who simply feels "spike is soooooo cool biig fan" We hear ya, Natasha!
3. Scar! aka @ScarletVonTeese. writes "I'll be honest. Spike could kick Edward Cullen's ass. He's more than a pretty face, he's got personality and a great back story." She even went on to tweet further, "Spike is the epitome of perfection." Booyah.
4. MargaritaNikolayevna! aka @nikolayevna_ who referenced Spike's current arc by saying "Spike, king of the bugs = <3" But who will be his cockroach queen, Margarita? The eternal Buffyverse question.
5. And last but not least Terri Haggard! aka @pinkllamainahat who tweeted "i love spike best in season 2 with drusilla :) his love for her is effulgent hehe". She also wants to Free Pussy Riot and I think we all can get down with that.
Congrats to all the winners! You can expect instructions to receive your winning issue of Spike #1 in your Twitter DM.
Thanks to Dark Horse Comics for their unwavering coolness. And everyone else, why not follow the winners? We're all fans after all! :)