Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Scott Allie Promoted to Editor In Chief of Dark Horse Comics!

Scott looks a bit evil here, but we don't
think he plans on bringing Dark Horse
to the brink of evil empire terror...
Congratulations are in order for the Whedonverse's main Comic dude, Scott Allie, who has just been promoted to Editor in Chief! Look out for our interview with him later this week!

From the official press release:
“I’m delighted and relieved to hear that my great collaborator Scott Allie has been made editor in chief, because, to be perfectly honest, I thought he already was,” said Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon. 

Ha! Read the full release after the jump:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dark Horse is pleased to announce that Scott Allie has been promoted to editor in chief. Allie, who celebrated his eighteenth year with the company last month, made his mark at Dark Horse quickly when he began editing Mike Mignola’s Hellboy only a month after joining the Editorial department. Since that time, he has gone on to both write and edit some of the company’s top-selling books, including Buffy the Vampire Slayer and cult favorites like The Goon, and he continues to collaborate with Mignola, including cowriting the upcoming series B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: The Abyss of Time. 

He has shepherded multiple projects with names outside the comics industry, such as Lance Henriksen with To Hell You Ride and Gerard Way with The Umbrella Academy. Along with Dark Horse’s director of public relations, Jeremy Atkins, and recently appointed VP of Marketing, Matt Parkinson, Allie helped to develop and edit the company’s first foray into digital publishing with the critically acclaimed anthology MySpace Dark Horse Presents. Most recently, he engineered a three-month publishing initiative that showcases some of the company’s best horror titles and introduces new miniseries by top-tier talent. 

“I’ve worked with Scott, day in and day out, for more than fifteen years now. In all that time he’s talked me off any number to cliffs, kept me going, kept me focused and organized (as much as anyone could), and, quite simply, made it possible for me to produce the best work of my career,” said Hellboy creator Mike Mignola. “He’s been everything I could ever want in an editor and I cannot imagine a better choice at Dark Horse for editor in chief. Congratulations, Scott—you more than deserve it.” 

“I’m delighted and relieved to hear that my great collaborator Scott Allie has been made editor in chief, because, to be perfectly honest, I thought he already was,” said Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon. 

“I’m very excited about this promotion for Scott. The position has been his goal for some time now and he’s worked very hard to achieve it,” said Dark Horse’s president and founder, Mike Richardson. “It has been very rewarding to watch Scott’s evolution as an editor over his eighteen years with the company and I look forward to working with him in his new role to make Dark Horse the best comics company in the world.” 

“The first Dark Horse book I ever picked up was the DHP fifth-anniversary issue with the first chapter of Sin City. Now I’ve spent most of my adult life here, and every day it still feels new,” said newly appointed editor in chief Scott Allie. “I’m grateful to be at the core of what Mike Richardson’s created, working with him and Randy Stradley and an incredible list of people I admire inside and outside Dark Horse.” 

Please join us in congratulating Scott, as he moves into new responsibilities and further showcases his vision to the comics world. 

No comments: