Sunday, March 10, 2013

Much Ado About SXSW: Nathan Fillion Peed A lot!


So "Much Ado About Nothing" made it's US premiere yesterday at the SXSW Festival to much praise and critical acclaim! Apparently fans had been lined up since 1am for the screening. Not surprisingly, the amazing Much Ado bus was found to be Harlem Shaking and of course there was was live tweeting before the event.


After the screening there was a Q&A (which you can read in full here.) Besides confirming Agent Coulson's fate in the S.H.I.E.L.D series, here are some highlights:

A week after The Avengers wrapped, you decided to make Much Ado About Nothing at your own house instead of going on vacation to Italy. When you got the call to make a movie at Joss’s house, how did you respond? 

Amy Acker: It was fun. And weird. 

Joss: There were rooms [in the house] we didn’t use, and I regret every single one.

How do you prepare yourself for a quick turnaround like this? 

Alexis Denisof: When Joss asks, you say yes! Says it was a labor of love, but also a lot of labor. That was part of the fun about it. It was a constant hive of activity. 

Nathan, I heard you were hesitant. You haven’t done Shakespeare before. 

Nathan Fillion: I was intimidated, terrified, frightening… I peed a little. I might have peed a lot.

Actually, I signed on right away and tried to chicken out afterward. Joss talked him off the ledge… “I don’t have a replacement so you have to do it.” 

Nathan – I love Castle, I only watch it because of you. And I’ve loved Dr. Horrible and Firefly. So my question is, how did you get to be so awesome? 

Nathan: That’s a good question. First of all, you sir have excellent taste. I have made a career of riding coattails. The secret to being awesome is picking the right coattails. I enjoy acting and I love telling stories, but until I met Joss I wasn’t good at it.

So if you're at the fest or in the Austin area, there will be additional screenings today and Wednesday. Everyone else, you'll have to wait to see the film which features almost the entire inside of Joss Whedon's house and our favorite actors on June 7th!



No comments: