You know the Holidays are upon us when this post goes up! We're so happy to once again bestow upon all you crafty people our 6th annual Whedonverse Holiday Ornament Swap. Can you believe six years in a row now?! We adore this event and every year we are reminded of the wonderful creativity of this fandom.
Check out the several hundred photos of awesomeness from years past:http://www.flickr.com/groups/buffyfestholidayswap/
If you'd like to join us, sign-ups begin right now and will end next Saturday, November 16th at 11:59 PM U.S. EST. And pretty please make super sure you're willing to go through with this entire process before signing up! Deadbeats ruin the holiday fun for everyone. Here are the guidelines in 6 easy steps:
1. Sign up by sending an email with the subject "MERRY WHEDON" and the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, November 16th.
- whether your are willing to ship overseas* (US and Canada will be mixed together)
2. On November 18th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses and email addresses of 4-6 swap participants for you to send your ornaments to. Since you'll have each other's personal info, please contact each other with any questions, disputes or praise.
3. Design and create the multiple Whedon themed ornaments! You'll have 3 weeks to make them.
4. Package your ornaments well (especially if you create something fragile) and send one ornament to each person on the list of swap participants in your group by Monday, December 9th.
5. Sit back and relax as you wait to receive 4-6 lovely Whedonverse ornaments in the mail!
6. Then don't forget to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive by uploading to the swap flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/buffyfestholidayswap. You will need a flickr account to upload photos, which is easy to set up.
*A note on international shipping: Please only select international shipping if you are willing to ship at least 2-3 of your ornaments overseas. Take your timing and the cost of shipping into account when you design your ornament. Lighter and more compact ornaments are cheaper to ship, but chances are you cannot send any food or plant life.
Any questions? Email email@example.com