Ho ho ho! The Holidays are finally here and we're proud to once again announce our 8th annual Whedonverse Holiday Ornament Swap. Eight years, can you even believe it!!
If you've never heard of this swap then let us do a little explainy: The purpose of the swap is to give and receive a little festive Whedonverse joy. Basically, you will create ornaments with a Whedonverse theme (Buffy, Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Avengers, etc.) and send them to 4-6 different recipients. In return you will receive 4-6 completely different handmade ornaments from around the world. As you can see from the photos, you really can make them out of anything: Wood, knit, sew, paint, draw, sculpt, paper craft, recycle old ornaments (earth friendly!) Have fun with it! There are not rules. (Actually there are some rules, see below.)
If you'd like to join us, sign-ups begin right now and will end next Monday, November 16th at 11:59 PM U.S. EST. And pretty please make super sure you're willing to go through with this entire process before signing up! Deadbeats ruin the holiday fun for everyone. Here are the guidelines in 6 easy steps:
1. Sign up by sending an email with the subject "MERRY WHEDON" and the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 16th.
- whether your are willing to ship overseas* (US and Canada will be mixed together)
2. On November 17th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses and email addresses of 4-6 swap participants for you to send your ornaments to. Since you'll have each other's personal info, please contact each other with any questions, disputes or praise.
3. Create the multiple Whedon themed ornaments! You'll have 3 weeks to make them.
4. Package your ornaments well (especially if you create something fragile) and send one ornament to each person on the list of swap participants in your group by Tuesday, December 8th.
5. Sit back and relax as you wait to receive 4-6 lovely Whedonverse ornaments in the mail!
6. Then don't forget to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive by uploading to the swap flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/buffyfestholidayswap. You will need a flickr account to upload photos, which is easy to set up.
*A note on international shipping: Please only select international shipping if you are willing to ship at least 2-3 of your ornaments overseas. Take timing and the cost of shipping into account when you design your ornament. Lighter and more compact ornaments are cheaper to ship.
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com