click on any pic above to see these larger...
This year's Buffyfest is now over, and it was arguably the best one ever! There were games, there was yummy food, there was "Buffy/Angel under the stars". The weather was great and everyone was in good spirits. Thanks to everyone for coming to/helping with this special edition of Buffyfest and hope you all had a wonderful time.
Here's a blow by blow:
- Morning - Mike did all of the grocery shopping and Ivan and I thought it would be fun to set up the inflatable screen early (see pics for how that went). Jen successfully reads every single Buffy and Angel comic book. Impressive!
- 4 pm - Ivan and I give up after a 5 hour bloody battle with the Blue Marshmallow Monster. The last of the guests arrive.
- 6:30 pm -The Buffy Trivia Game show *Hosted by Michelle*. Ryan becomes the undefeated champion of the Trivia Game show and wins the coveted "Golden Stake" award.
- 7 pm - Gift bags! Full of goodies! The episode theme of the night is decided as "The Period Pieces".
- After eating dinner (Ted's home made Pizza, Fred's Tacos, Anya's World of Shrimp and other various "Staked" foods/meats) and watching "Darla" inside, we move outside where the now expertly hung screen has been arranged almost solely by Ivan.
- Sat 9 pm - Episode time! We watch "Are you now or have you ever been" followed by "Amends". As an added bonus we finish with Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog. It's almost like a drive-in except not really at all. Drinking and fun and Buffiness continues throughout the night.
- We started the day with breakfast (funny shaped pancakes and Hey! Juice! amongst other things...Maman made the peach sauce!) and continued the fun with the Buffy TV fantasy game. This is the one where you scream at the TV "Cordy, make a snappy comeback..what the hell are you waiting for!?" or "Buffy, stake a demon already!" Episodes chosen out of a hat were: This Year's Girl and later, I Only Have Eyes for You. Winners were: Jen and Mike respectfully.