Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas...in Sunnydale

It's Christmas Eve, so why not celebrate with this awesome parody of the famous poem, "Twas the Night Before Christmas" garnished with a twist of Buffy, of course!

'Twas the night before Christmas at Sunnydale High,
The vampires were stirring and hoped for a bite,
Buffy had hung all her stakes up with care,
For a night at the Bronze and was fixing her hair.

Giles was still studying in his librarian's room,
Studying ancient writings, scrolls, books and tomes,
Cordelia and Xander were up to some frolic,
They made out in secret in the janitor's closet.

For Willow 'twas Chanukah, she was making some spells,
But could only make green flames and sickening smells,
Angel was restless, his stomach was growling,
So in the moonlight that vampire was prowling.

The zombies were restless, their bodies decaying,
With some hapless human the demons were playing,
Spike and Drusilla were plotting their plans,
And Oz played guitar at the Bronze with his band.

Down in the Hellmouth, a master vampire,
Was stalking and snarling, all lit by hell-fire,
He wanted revenge on the Sunnydale Slayer,
To maim her and rend her and make her afraid.
The rest of the poem can be found here.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm back. I'm back! Did everyone miss me? Huh? Huh? Or does anyone remember me? Huh? Huh? At any rate, my first semester went well (4.0, baby-did you ever doubt me?) and I won't be home for long. Just got back a day or so ago and I'm skipping town in a little over a week. You shan't be graced with my presence for long. So, how is everyone? I hope everyone is well this Holiday Season.
Looking back over some of the posts I have a couple comments. The Buffy blanket. I was so excited when I first saw this and would have definitely bought this item if it weren't for the fact that two of the main characters are missing--Xander and Giles. Those who designed this flop included an image Drusilla, two images of Spike, and five images of Buffy and leave out Xander and Giles? What kind of logic is that? Who designed this gem? Whoever it was, either they are mean and biased (another tired Xander hater) or suffering from a case of early onset Alzheimer's. Ugh. This really irritates me.
The comic. My brother never did buy the comics for me, and now I'm really glad he didn't. Obama as Twilight? This must be a joke, or at least I sincerely hope it is. One of the things me and my brother have always loved about Buffy is the fact it never alienated its fan base by being overtly political. All political references were in good taste and quite palatable, reflecting a concern for political differences among the fans, while at the same time not ignoring issues that are of concern in our modern world. I can now see this enlightened trend has come to an end with lesser writing in the comics. Very unfortunate. I sincerely hope this new and myopic trend results in a decline in future sales. I'm very disappointed, and since my brother is in Europe working on the Hadron and I'm sure is too busy to post his feelings, I'll speak for him and tell you he doesn't like it, either.
Michelle, cute Buffy poem.
Happy Holidays, people.

Alex B.

P.S.-After my first semester away from home, I'm happy to report I'm still a virgin. :-)