Top 10 Whedon Heroes. This list was surprisingly void of many names that come to mind when I think of the word "hero"in the Whedonverse. An argument can be made for Anya, Illyria, Jayne and, dare I say, Andrew to be considered heroes, but to put those names above characters like Doyle, Cordelia, Faith, Xander, Gunn, Willow and, I can't believe I'm typing this, Buffy?
Buffy's pretty much the hero above all the heroes in the verse. And I'm not just talking about hero because of super powers, it's really Buffy's heart that makes her the Top Dog in the Whedonverse. Everyone's got there own opinion, and we've got ours too, so we've decided to give you the Top Ten Reasons why Buffy is super duper Whedon hero above all the rest!
10. She graduated high school even though she got about three hours of sleep a night because she was fighting evil doers. Most of us barely graduated on eight hours!
9. She made sure everyone else graduated high school, too, instead of getting eaten by a giant snake.
8. She was determined that her friends would have a good prom night, even though she wouldn't.
7. She wouldn't sacrifice Ben, a human, even though he was Glory. Yes, Ben is Glory and Glory is Ben.
6. She fought against the Watcher's Council, a group that's been around for a lifetime, because she knew what was right and important.
5. She gave those she cared about the benefit of the doubt even when it wasn't a popular decision because she saw the potential and didn't believe in giving up on them (see: Angel in Season 2/3, Faith in Season 3, Willow in Season 6/7, Spike in Season 7).
4. She was 16 and didn't wanna die, but she faced The Master anyway.
3. She killed the man she loved to save the world.
2. She sacrificed herself to save her sister and the world.
1. She inspired almost every single character in Sunnydale and L.A. to be who they would eventually become. Some of those people include Willow, Angel, Xander, Cordelia, Wesley, Spike, Oz, Anne/Chanterelle/Lilly, Riley, every potential and Robin Wood.