Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fanvid Sunday: The Twilight Takeover Edition (Spoilers)

That's right, today will be a very special edition because I'm taking over Fanvid Sunday! Why you ask? Mostly I want to steal Bitsy's thunder. Just kidding (not really.)

Warning: Major Spoilers for Buffy S.8 and the Twilight Reveal below:

The actual reason I've jacked Fanvid Sunday is because ever since Twilightgate (tm) rocked this fandom, we've been wondering if a fanvid exists using the shocking subject matter of Twilight's now known true spoiler-ish identity. Bits hasn't been able to find any in the 'verse for a month now...so I secretly approached friends of Buffyfest and Lady Gaga fanvid creators - Juniper and Justin - to make a custom one just for Buffyfest! Oh yeah! I know, I know, some might say this will be the best Fanvid Sunday ever. Some might just be right.



Love it! Now we're not usually in the business of making vids. Aside from Bitsy's Vlogs and the occasional massive international hit single, we stay away from such fare. So we needed an expert to collabo with. Thanks so much guys! Check out Juniper and Justin's fabulous Gaga inspired film shorts at www.youtube.com/user/juniperjacobs1.

And like Bitsy says: Happy Sunday everybody!

12 comments:

Steph said...

This was absolutely amazing! Great job! :)

Michelle said...

Wow! What an awesome surprise. I really cannot wait to see how this story plays out. Thanks Tara!

Bitsy said...

Holy shazbot, that was one of the best fanvids, like, EVAR. I really liked how they included those awesome parallels that Michelle found that linked Angel and Twilight. Plus Lady Gaga which is always a huge win. Hooray!

mbatz said...

HaHa. Nice. But, as I said on twitter, I expect a "You're my Hero" or "Heroes" by Bowie vid in like 4 months after Twilight turns out to be the great and noble warrior we (I mean me) all love:)

Michelle said...

mbatz,

Tara and I were just talking about the outcome for Angel. I'm pretty optimistic that he'll make it through this. He's an awesome hero and I'd be devastated and surprised if Joss threw one of my favorite characters out the window of evil.

mbatz said...

Me too Michelle, me too. But as we all know, Joss likes to throw things out of evil windows, and surprise death windows, and sexual orientation windows, and hey it's your birthday windows, and Xander! Fix this window, windows and I love to kick in stained glass windows (just go with it, I'm on a tangent:)

Michelle said...

How about my sister is a key windows or sex behind dumpster windows?

Seriously, it just can't happen. Joss would need another 40 issues to explain why Angel would throw all his heroism out the window (I couldn't help it) and become evil. I know a lot of people on the internets think/dread/want/hope that Angel is irredeemably evil at this point, but I'm not buying it. It's the iconic Angel, the vampire with a soul, for goodness sake.

How about I think optimistically for the two of us and you think pessimistically and we'll come out of this somewhere in the middle?

mbatz said...

I'm down with that. More walls, less windows. I don't know what that means:)

Emily said...

Wow, that was possibly one of the best Bangel videos I've seen :) Loved the ending.

And I think that Angel is still good, and there'll be some sort of revelation about how what hes doing is for the greater good or something?

Classic Maiden said...

Wow - what a nostalgic watch. Fantastic!

LittleRaven said...

Since I first saw this video three weeks ago, I have fangirled all over it like a crazy person. I love you people. One of, if not the best fanvids I've ever seen.

Tara said...

Wow, thanks LittleRaven! And thanks to everyone who liked the vid.

The big reveal is tomorrow! I, for one, will be reading the comic with this vid playing in the background. It's Season 8's Opening Theme sequence to me now :)