We're very excited! The fine people at Dark Horse have teamed up with yours truly to give away some truly fab prizes in honor of Buffy Season 9. The general gist is, you make videos, we get to hoot, holler or cry about them and then choose the top 10 finalists! Super Scott Allie and Sierra Hahn get final say in who wins the top spot, however, so don't bother trying to bribe us with that signed stake from Season 3 or Boreano's gum that you bought on eBay or whatever...
Here's how it works: You'll jump over to the Dark Horse YouTube page and check out the Buffy Season 9 Trailer. Then you'll record a video response and post it as a video response to the Trailer there on YouTube. You can talk about Season 9, Season 8, Buffy in General; make a commercial for Buffy Season 9, a Music Video, a Buffy comedy sketch...or any other idea that takes your fancy. Buffyfest will choose 10 finalists from all entries and Editors Scott Allie and Sierra Hahn will choose One (1) winner with the most engaging video. Dark horse will then give that winner the following:
1. Full Set of the Buffy Season 8 trade-paperbacks
2. Hardcover of Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Tales
3. A Buffy the Vampire Slayer Lunch box. Cute!
4. *newly added* A Signed copy of Buffy Season 9 #1 25th Anniversary cover from Georges Jeanty
5. *newly added* And a signed Buffy/Angel & Faith Trifold - signed by Joss Whedon, Andrew Chambliss, and Jo Chen
6. 7 foot tall amazing Buffy Banner.
This contest runs until 10/16/11, so if you want the prize, better get vidding!
2. Each entry must show the cover of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 #1, at least briefly. - Cover 1, Cover 2, Cover 3
4. Entries must be posted by midnight (PDT) Oct. 16th, 2011
The fine print: No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). You must be eighteen years of age or older to enter. Contest entries only accepted from people living in North America (United States and Canada) and submitted by midnight (PDT), Oct. 16th, 2011, to be eligible. Winner will be selected based upon the quality of submitted video (as determined at Dark Horse's sole discretion) from all applicable entries and will be notified by October 26th, 2011. Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.