Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March Madness! The Whedon Alternate Universe Tourney - Loser's Round 3!

If you're just joining us in this March Madness tournament, we're trying to determine which of Joss Whedon's fallen projects fans would want to see most in a Magical Alternate Universe of fun! This year we're doing a "Double Elimination" bracket so after the losers being given a second chance last round, we're now pitting those winning losers against one another....and I can't believe it! It's Angel vs. Spike once again! The constant cruel joke of the tourney...and the Whedonverse in general.

Last Round:
-The Spike Made-for-TV-Movie beat Whedon's Wonder Woman for a second time. I guess that thing just wasn't meant to be.
-In yet another shocking twist, Angel S.2 beat a Ripper! He killed him in real (?) life and killed him in the tournament. What can I say.

Next, let's give those losers another shot at glory! This round will have just 1 match and will end on Thursday night at 11:59 pm EST. Vote below for the currently losing Whedon project you'd like to see most in a Wonderful Magical Alternate Universe:



Notes:
Spike Made-for-TV-Movie vs. Angel S.6?
Well here we are again....right back to where the whole tournament started over a week ago. How this happens, I'll never know. All I do know is that Spike won the first time, I'd imagine he'll win again. Unless the Bangels get all cut throat and then the Spuffies go on a counter attack of violence! It'll be just like the East Coast/West Coast Rap Wars of the 90's. Let's learn the lesson, people, and not end up like Tupac and Biggie.



























And click below to enlarge the entire bracket:



2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm a Spike fangirl, but I'd totally take 22, one hour episodes of Angel season 6 (which, Spike would probably be in)than a made for TV movie any day!

Tara said...

I agree, Steph....why would anyone want such a short thing? Then again, I do love Angel's ending. So maybe best not to possibly ruin it?

In other news, can we talk about how this poll is 50/50 exactly right now and I can't even prep the next round! Holy 'ship war!