Sunday, November 9, 2008

I've Got a Theory...on Twilight

The biggest question in the Buffy Comics is "Who is Twilight?" The team, here, at Buffyfest have recently been discussing the possible suspects and we've come to a hypothetical and cautious conclusion...Angel.

We have a list of reasons why and one visual that seems to make the most sense to us. Yes, Angel's been on the Twilight suspect list before, but just bare with me.

1. "I know that move." Who was there? Caleb, Angel, Spike and The First. Caleb and The First are out because I doubt Joss would bring those two back to play the Big Bads. That leaves Spike and Angel.

2. Twilight's build is compatible with Angel. I'm not an avid comic reader, but I assume that the artist knows who is behind the mask and has drawn them accordingly.

3. Twilight's motive of ending magic makes him an enemy to Buffy but kind of an ironic one. Would Buffy reject the idea of living a normal life if magic was abolished? From the inception of the characters of Buffy and Angel, both have wanted to be "normal" humans. This is not so much a clue, but to show that this could be in character when it comes to Angel and not a far reaching character progression.

4. In light of the vision that Angel gets in recent issues of After the Fall, he might try to end magic in order to void future events.

5. This is a visual from "Innocence" matched with the image from "A Beautiful Sunset". Enough said.

Of course, only time will tell who's really under the mask. For now, this seems pretty plausible.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jayunderscorezero said...

Unrelated: Ok, I only just discovered the nice comment you made on my LRRH blog. Since you made the comment about two months ago (!), I guess that shows how much attention I've been paying recently to a blog that I honestly used to update daily. Thanks both for the nice comment and for making me realise I need to get back to blogging more attentively.

Tara said...

Glad to see you've become inspired again :) I'll add them to the "following" list.

Jayunderscorezero said...

Aw, thanks again.

Skytteflickan88 said...

Well, it's as possible as any other theory. Very nice tough, that you connected the pic from Innocence with the comic frame.

And I have a question. I have a blog here too, and I wonder, how do I seperate the paragraphs? I try with ENTER, but the text still get's published in a big... chunk?

Skytteflickan88 said...

Nevermind, I figured it out myself:)

Michelle said...

You're right. At this point, it could be quite a few people. I'm just so curious to find out who it is!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Angel knocked out cold when Buffy did this to Caleb?

from the 'Chosen' transcript:
ANGEL
(lying on the floor, regains consciousness and stands, angrily) OK, now I'm pissed. Where is he?

BUFFY
(looks to her right, then to her left, then at Angel) He had to split. (giggles devilishly)

Tara said...

oh is that right?

Michelle said...

I guess he was, but Buffy tells him what she did, "He had to split", once Angel's conscious. So, Angel does know that move. See how I just fanwanked that!