Saturday, November 29, 2008

Joss comments on Dr. Horrible DVD

Joss posts on Whedonesque right about the time we find out that The Doc Horrible DVD breaks into the Amazon top 100 within the first 24 hrs. Dec 19th, Freeze Ray, tell your friends. Awesome tidbit: The first thing Impaler General does is ask him about the great Buffy Movie Internet Rumor of 2008. What a community hero. Hee!

Tubefilter claims Doc Horrible made 2 and 1/2 million already even before the DVD release:
http://news.tubefilter.tv/2008/11/29/dr-horrible-dvd-ships-december-19th-pre-orders-booming/

Joss's post via Whedonesque:

Well, my turkey (or, in some cases, tofurkey) stuffed friends, we literally just put the finishing touches on the disc. Is it worth fifteen hard-earned dollars? Absolutely. In fact, I can say without reservation that the Dr. Horrible DVD is worth $15.23 EASILY. More, if your dollars weren’t the hard-earned kind, just the kind you have lying around in your mom’s purse. God knows WE’VE worked hard to earn ’em. "Commentary! The Musical" is the most painstaking and exhausting piece of whimsey I have ever mistaken for a good idea. It has nearly twice as much music as Dr. Horrible itself — since you can’t really talk that much during a commentary musical or it sounds like a regular commentary. (Which we also have, with the stars and writers, plus making-of’s, ELE applications, and a few items left lying around by a notorious Bunny...) I can say without hesitation that I hesitate to say it’s great. And by great I mean ridiculous. It’s sophmoric, solopsistic, silly and the most fun I’ve had being exhausted since the fabled Mushortio itself. And everyone sings beautifullly. Which enrages me. I a little bit hate my friends now.

The listed street date is, by the way, a little later than we’d expected — I’m hoping Amazon is just playing it safe and we can beat that date. More on that as we learn it. Expect a twittering sensation......

Go to this link on Whedonesque to read the rest.

No comments: