Monday, April 6, 2009
After a few days of shock and mourning, it's time to thank Andy Hallett for making the Buffyverse an extra special place. His portrayal of the larger-than-life, Karaoke-singing, green demon stole our hearts. Lorne had some of the best dialogue on Angel, funny and poignant. Here's some of Buffyfest's favorite quotes:
- Look you're a big hunk of hero sandwich.
-I thought Our Lady of the Perpetual Seabreeze was the real deal, till the Divine Miss J. walked right through that door and into my ass. W-Which is where my heart is.
- Oh, really? Yeah, well, I am not some mystical vending machine, here to spit out answers every time you waltz in with a problem. I have a heart. Granted, it's located in my left butt cheek, but it's still a heart, and that heart is broken.
- [about living] It's like a song. Now, I can hold a note for a long time. - Actually, I can hold a note forever. - But eventually, that's just noise. It's the change we're listening for. The note coming after and the one after that. That's what makes it music.
- And another thing: How... How do they get the pimiento's in the olives huh? There's a mystery for you. Yeah. Do they stuff each one by hand? 'Cause that seems a little time-consuming. Or, do you think they have a little pimieno-stuffing machine?
- [to Angel] Yeah. But just because I know his name, it doesn't mean you can't knock him unconcious. Please continue.
- There's not a destroyer of worlds who can argue with Manilow.
- So, what we should do is start with the other Karaoke bars, see if we can get a lead on him. That is, if you're not too busy getting lawyers killed and setting girls on fire.
- Elton's in town next month. What do you say? You, me, back row seats? .... Mr. Elton John hits the first few keys of "Yellow Brick Road", I defy you not to feel like the only other person in the room.
- Aggie, I'd rather have a hydrochloric acid facial. I'd rather invite a hive of wasps to nest in my throat. I'd rather sit through a junior high school production of "Cats"! You see where I'm going with this?
- I'm gonna have a chat with "Mr. Tall, Dark and Rocking". And meanwhile, Durthock the Child-Eater is gonna open up to y'all. He's searching for the Gorrishyn Mage who stole his power and he's feeling just a little bit country. So let's give him a hand.
- Isn't this the sort of 'tude that got you where you are now? I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say... if all you're gonna do is switch back to brood mode, we'd rather have you evil, then at least, ... leather pants.
- [to Connor] Actually, that's Uncle Filthy Demon to you.
- I'm the Host...have you met me? I never shut up!