Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jimmy Fallon Strikes Again

What is up with Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and weird references to people in el universe de Whedon? During Friday's episode, Jeff Goldblum and Jimmy Fallon start talking about Adam Baldwin completely out of the blue. See for yourself:



What in the world? Random, no? I have to say, though, that it is tremendously awesome of Jeff Goldblum to be singing the praises of he that is the man they call Jayne for no particular reason.

Meanwhile, the link between Goldblum and Baldwin vis a vie Independence Day got me to thinking what a film or television show combining the forces of Joss and Goldblum would be like. I don't know about you but I think it would be profoundly awesome to see Goldblum starring in a Whedon project. He could be another super villain in the Dr. Horrible universe or maybe the man behind the company that controls the Dollhouse kind of like the equivalent to Leonard Nimoy on Fringe. Right? I mean, seriously, right!?!? Whedon and Goldblum. I want it. Make it happen, internet.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Those of you who know me well, know that Independence Day is a weakness of mine. Whenever it's on TV, I have to stop and watch. I don't know if it's Goldblum and Smith's amazing chemistry or the idea that we could have such an awesome Commander-in-Chief.

What about an Independence Day remake with Whedon at the helm and Goldblum working his awesome environmentally-inspired tirades? Of course, Adam Baldwin would have become the new Sec. of Defense because of his valiant behavior in the last movie...okay, I'll stop now.

Wyndam said...

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love Jeff Goldblum. He's my favorite actor after Mr. Denisof. Just love all of his films, and Jurassic Park IS my favorite film. Joss and Jeff teaming up would be potentially universe imploding awesomeness.