Saturday, July 4, 2009

An old 'fest picture

Ok everyone, ready to see me break with internet anonymity by actually posting a photo of myself on the internet? Ok, it's a couple of years old and I am wearing vampire-style prosthetic make-up, but still...
Just to prove that Buffyfests happen across the pond too, here's me at a Buffy the Vampire Slayer 10th anniversary night (March 10th, 2007) that I organised in Colchester, England. There were episode showings, prizes for best costume and general merriment all round (there's a somewhat more embarrassing pic out there of me doing the "YMCA" dance in that make-up; it's truly terrifying stuff, believe me). My friend and flatmate pictured above as Lorne won the fancy dress, quite deservedly, really. That green make-up took a lot of time and effort to put on. Plus it didn't come off for days afterwards, as I recall. Speaking of which, my shirt collar seems to suggest that I could have perhaps been a bit more careful with my make-up too; oh well.

There are dozens more pics, but my friends get antsy when I post pictures of them without their permission. Plus, this is the single best photo of the night to not feature any 'norms' (i.e. people just enjoying a normal night out at the club we'd appropriated, or more likely having been tempted by our aggressive PR to come and lurk). You'll have to trust me when I say that more than just the two of us did dress up though. There was a girl there who came as a scarily convincing Spike, actually.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Lorne. I really wish someone would make a Lorne t-shirt. I've been looking and can't find one, dadgummit.
Perhaps the ultra cool hipsters at Buffyfest can help us out with this one....

Angie said...

I really want to see the scarily convincing lady Spike. Please?

Jayunderscorezero said...

@Angie: You'll just have to take my word that she exists, I'm afraid. I've posted pictures of her without obtaining her permission before and suffered the consequences, believe me.