Thursday, November 5, 2009

People puts Sarah Michelle Gellar's baby in the corner


Hee! See what I did there? Personally, I think Smidgie's baby warrants a front and center article but eh, whatever cheating scandal floats your boat. Here's a few bits from People mag's exclusive with Smidge:

"I went into labor at the gym!" the 32-year-old former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star reveals. "I didn't really believe it. I just felt a little nauseous, and my trainer said to me, 'Um, isn't your baby coming next week? Maybe it's time now?' I said, 'Oh no, I doubt it...'"


"Later that night, she was like, 'OK, I think I might be in labor, but you should get some more sleep,'" Freddie [Prinze Jr.] recalls. "She was very calm, very centered, very prepared. I'm telling you, this girl is like Gandhi. It was like, three pushes and the baby was out."

Smidge's hubby Freddy Prinze, Jr, whose father, comedian Freddie Prinze, took his own life when he was just 12 years old tells People,


"I always appreciated that connection between a parent and a kid because I yearned for it so much. Growing up, I wanted a father, and because I've had this idea of what a father should be, it's exciting to finally have the opportunity to try and be that guy, to see if I can actually do it."

And what about having a girl?

Prinze said, "A lot of guys want sons, but that would have been a lot of pressure. I know throughout my childhood, there were many times I couldn't stand being a 'Jr.' I wouldn't want anybody else to go through that. If we'd had a boy, he wouldn't have been another Freddie Prinze.


"To have a girl, I almost felt like, 'Whew!' I know how to protect her and keep her away from the kind of kid I was. I know I can shower a little girl with love. A little boy comes home one day, and he needs to learn how to fight. That's all macho stuff, dealing with ego and pride, and I don't want to have to deal with that. I'd rather deal with a broken heart than a broken nose."

Smidge also told People magazine that the kid is a calm one who barely cries saying, "She smiles all day long, and she is loving and cuddly... She doesn't cry. She will just go, 'Wah' once."

Apparently it's this good behavior that is calming Smidge down. She says, "I'm a New Yorker, so I'm more high-strung than most. But everything about becoming a mother just centered me."


Freddie adds, "Sarah was a little nuts before. Don't get me wrong, I loved the nuts that she was. But now she's got it all under control. Impressive is the only word."




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! How adorable!

Unknown said...

I love how they feel the need to bring up Freddie Prinze Jr.'s father's suicide. Cuz you know, it's super relevant.

Ryan said...

Ruthie, it kind of is, since Freddie refers to how much he missed having a parent/child relationship growing up. It didn't mention her name, do we know it?

Tara said...

yes! Her name is Charlotte Grace.