Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Hollywood Vlog - Buffy #29, Angel #26, and Exurbia Reviewed

One of the things I wanted to do while in LA was do it up, vlog style, in a place that was not my bathtub. Thankfully, Ivan and Michelle had a great, cheesy idea for the perfect external location. Big thanks to Ivan for really going above and beyond. The vlog has never looked so good. Editing, effects, all shot in widescreen and glorious high definition. It'll be kind of rough going back to my usual, porcelain locale next month. For now, though, enjoy!



The two comic shops I visited were The Secret Headquarters and Meltdown Comics. Definitely check them out.

6 comments:

Tara said...

LOVE this vlog! Very entertaining reviews there, Bits, and nice effect work by Ive.

Steph said...

Oh fancy... Awesome reviews. I'm really looking forward to reading the Angel book. Buffy I'm kinda eh about right now.

Michael (mbatz) said...

Yeah..ummm...I don't know, the Buff comic has been kind of just lumbering along for awhile now. I wish they would just wrap up this Twilight storyline already. It's been like 2 yrs! And Bitz, I like Jane's writing too, but thought that goddard's Drac arc was the best and funniest. Also BK Vaughn (the Faith stuff) was fantastic. Of course, he's a "real" comic writer. They really need to pull in more "comic" writers and lay off the TV people. it's a whole diff ballgame for any of you out there that actually read comics will know. Jane is getting better, but she is in no way on a level with some of the great comic writers. Think Meltzer is coming on next issue so hopefully we'll get some real writing. Oh, and side note, Dollhouse should probably die as it is BORING!!! Lately. Actually, hate to say it, find a better hour in The Vampire Diaries - which isn't saying much:) Joss needs to get back to what makes him good, teen humor and characterization. Dollhouse is a show that would be better in the hands of someone like JJ Abrams. See, I can certainly call out bad Joss:)

Kaaren said...

Great Vlog.

I gave up on the Angel comic a long time ago.

Buffy is dragging to me. Bored Now. I stopped getting my subscription filled by TFAW. I'm going to wait for my local comic store to get 2 or 3 in and buy them in one shot.

Kaaren said...

P.S. I guess I'd better buy Exurbia too! Don't want to be douchy. :D

Brian Lynch said...

Giving up on the ANGEL comic is douchy.