It's that time of year again! Get ready for another round of our Annual Whedonverse Holiday Ornament Swap. Last year was big fun and we ended up with some fabulous Whedonverse themed adornments! See for yourself the results of everyone's craftiness here:
Wasn't that awesome? If this is your first time reading about the swap..let us explain. The purpose of this event is to craft 4-6 ornaments with a Whedonverse theme and send them to 4-6 different recipients. In return you will receive 4-6 completely different handmade ornaments to adorn your tree or any place you'd like. As you can see from the photos, you really can make them out of whatever you want. Wood, knit, sew, paint, draw, sculpt, paper craft, glue, recycle old ornaments (earth friendly!)....have fun with it!
If you want to be down, Whedonverse Holiday Ornament Swap sign-ups begin right now. Sign-ups will end on Friday, November 6th at 11:59 U.S. Eastern Standard Time. Please be willing to go through with this entire thing before signing up. Deadbeats will ruin the holiday cheer for everyone and make people sad. Here are the guidelines:
1. Sign up for the swap by sending an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 6th.
- email address
- your website or blog (if you have one)
- whether your are willing to ship internationally
2. On November 9th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses and email addresses of 4-6 other swap participants to send your ornaments to. (Again, you will have access to each others home addresses, as well as email addresses. Please contact each other with any disputes, questions or praise.)
3. Design a Whedon themed ornament that you can create multiples of (or make each one unique, up to you) and make your fabulous ornaments.
4. Package your ornaments well - especially if you create anything fragile. (Note that most international shipping requirements do not allow for any plant life or food type stuff.)
5. Send one of your ornaments to each person on the list of 4-6 other swap participants in your group by December 1st.
6. Sit back, relax and wait as you receive 4-6 lovely Whedonverse ornaments in the mail!
7. If you would like to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive, please do so in the swap flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/buffyfestholidayswap. You will need a flickr account to upload photos. A flickr account is free and easy to set up. you are responsible for posting your own photos if you wish to do so.
8. A note on international shipping. Please only select international shipping if you are willing to ship at least 2-3 of your ornaments overseas. Research the cost of shipping and take that into account when you design your ornament--lighter and more compact ornaments are cheaper to ship.
Any questions? Email email@example.com