Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dollhouse Death Watch - We have a winner!!!

I'm still pretty stunned about this Dollhouse renewal business.  The death watch is finally over and I can stop making these tedious graphs! Of course as you know by now, Dollhouse received a 13 episode order from Fox which makes Michelle's starry-eyed, totally unrealistic, optimist group the winner! I can admit when I was wrong, and I sure was! I'm not sure Bitsy will be hanging with me in the humble department, but he lost weeks ago anyway so whatever.

(To be fair, during our podcast, the truth was revealed about who had become the true optimist and who checked their positivity about the show at the 2nd episode's door. That tidbit is about a quarter way through.)

The optimists winning makes us all winners a bit, no matter how anti-Dollhouse you really are. Having Joss Whedon get a season 2 on television has ALWAYS been a good thing. The creators will surely take into consideration all the complaints and cringing and focus on all the good feedback about the show. Joss posted on Whedonesque last night and promised some terribleness too, so that's promising.

I'm excited about season 2 and am really looking forward to what's in store. I still say mash Dollhouse with the Buffyverse! Think of the possibilities...souls and imprints and slayers oh my!


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, I won.

Robin Hudson said...

I'm very happy I *didn't* win! :D

The Groosalugg said...

WOOHOO! I'm so glad to be proven wrong!

Anonymous said...

See, Michelle, optimism pays out in the end. Aren't you glad we stayed positive??

Gina R said...

Congratulations, Michelle.

:grumble, grumble:

I look forward to a second season of enjoyment in loving, uh I mean loathing and mocking this show.

she fell down said...

i haven't seen the last episode yet, because i was so sure it would be canceled, and i didn't want to tease myself. i was saving it for a far off lonely day when i wanted a lift. now i can enjoy it. i'm glad i was wrong.