As most of you already know, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has not been renewed for another season. Josh Friedman wrote a great closing letter to fans that you can read here. It was a thoughtful letter, but my grief still sits there like Poe's Raven, mockingly saying his stupid "Nevermore's" over and over again. So, here are my thoughts as I walk through the TV-induced 5 stages of grief:
1. Denial: I just don't think it's possible for such a quality show to be canceled. Isn't artistic integrity more important that money? And what about those DVR #'s? They were impressive for a Friday night, right? Right?!
2. Anger: The original post I had written yesterday would have reflected my anger pretty well, but it would have also sent lots of hateful comments floating my way. Let's just say I was uncharacteristically pissed off.
3. Bargaining: It's possible they could still put out a straight to DVD Season 3, right? Right?!
4. Depression: I can't believe it's not coming back. I'll never watch TV again.
5. Acceptance: I'm not here yet. Probably next Fall when I go to look at my DVR menu, I'll come across the name Sarah Connor Chronicles and finally realize the truth. Then, I'll put my finger to the remote and....delete program.