Monday, February 16, 2009

Dollhouse Death Watch - ratings snafu update!

So as you may know, we here at Buffyfest have wagered a bit on something we like to call the "Dollhouse Death Watch". Just to clarify, we don't actually want Dollhouse's death - we're just having a friendly bet. So far, a few others have fallen in line with each of our predictions and if you'd like to join in, just leave a comment. You can choose between the groups of:

Bitsy (the S&M hard-core skeptic) - who believes Dollhouse will not make it to the 7th episode.
Tara (the bitter realist) - thinks FOX will show all 13 episodes ordered, but will then cancel it and thus, Dollhouse will not make it to season 2.
Michelle (the starry eyed optimist) - is sticking by her story that Dollhouse will show all episodes and even get renewed for a second season.

Now you may see that according to the above pie chart, there are quite a few optimists (delusionals?) getting behind Michelle's thinking. That won't help her in the end, however. In fact, her group has suffered a blow in our very scientific bar chart below - which signifies that the "starry eyed optimist" group is actually trailing due to last Friday's premier ratings snafu. The ratings for Dollhouse were unfortunately the second-lowest debut for any scripted series this season. According to Gawker, things are off to very a rocky start:

And yes, I'm realizing now that all of the graphs may be a bit much and quite over the line of geekery. To that all I can say is, oh well it's too late now.

*Update: BuffyGroupie, Buta Rose, Whedon Fan, BennyTheKey, Malsad, Alexiness, Emmie, and matt-stormcrow to be added to the next update under Michelle's delusional group. CowboyGuy, RobinInSeoul, nbaisley and AdelaP. will be in my group. Spurtyknowledge is being moved to the Starry-Eyed Optimists since I misfiled.

6 comments:

Clairetmc said...

I'm with Michelle. When it comes to Whedon I remain forever optimistic, no matter how unlikely it may be that it gets renewed.lol.

Anonymous said...

OK, I told myself I wasn't going to participate in this exercise in pessimism, but put me down in the Realists column.

Tara said...

Oh, sorry to rope you in Robin! I feel bad about the whole thing too....but you're in my group, so at least we're in good company. :)

And Buta Rose, I'll put you with the optimists at the next update! Wow, the optimism is actually quite impressive over here!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go ahead and join Tara's realist group -- although I'm DESPERATELY hoping I'll be wrong. Because I think I'm going to love Dollhouse (no surprise there, really), and I'm hoping that ratings will pick up despite the Friday Death Night that Fox gave it. Perhaps if we all just review like mad we'll get more people to watch.

Anonymous said...

I'm in Michelle's corner. Unless the show just bombs before the end of the season, I have no doubt we'll see a season two.

Tara said...

okey doke, matt-stormcrow. I'll add you to Michelle's group upon the next official update. Wonder when that will be? After the next ratings announcement maybe? Seems like as good a time as ever.