Sunday, February 1, 2009

Joss Whedon Dollhouse Interview number 4,815,162,342

I'm loving this TV Week interview with Joss re: Dollhouse that just popped up. My favorite bit is:
What’s more, Mr. Whedon said, he’s very happy with how the second half of “Dollhouse’s” 13-episode order is coming along.

“There were definitely times I said, ‘What exactly am I doing here? Is Angel a vampire in this one?’ I had to struggle to find the heart of the show, but you can see, increasingly through the season, we did,” he said. “Now I feel like I have a real good handle on [the show]. … We’re getting it down. We’re having so much fun.”

I don't know why but Joss's mentioning of Angel's journey as a show over Buffy makes me happy. I guess I feel like Angel is the red-headed (sorry Joss) stepchild in his family of show children and it's refreshing for him to name drop it.

Otherwise, I want to believe him but I still think the rest of the interview is a lot of bullshit "dousing of the Dollhouse fire". I'm more worried about it than ever. The Dollhouse tv spots are cheesy UPN style, imo, and you can dress up the "death slot" real pretty, but it still leads to the unhappy death place. Dollhouse and Sarah Connor Chronicles seem to have 2 nicely pedicured feet in the grave. I hope I'm wrong.

Aaanywho, read the entire interview here:

In related news, the 25,000 sq. ft 2 story Dollhouse set cost nearly a million dollars and sounds very cool. It's apparently "unusually elaborate" and "one of the stars" of the show. Check that story out (with fantastic pictures) at LA Times.

3 comments:

wyndam said...

Ha. 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. I see what you did there. ;)

Great to see him mention Angel too.

Tara said...

Awesome wyndam...nice that someone noticed my trickery (I'm looking at you fellow bloggers!)

Michelle said...

I'm hanging my head in shame. In my defense, though, I'm pretty sure there really has been that many Dollhouse interviews.