Thursday, March 3, 2011

Buffy Jones Soda: A Tasteless Tasting

Some time back, the fine folks at Fox (yes, that's what I said) sent us a box full of carbonated beverages designed with the young slayer in mind.  Since Tara and I are clearly chosen ones (sorry, Michelle!), we knew what had to be done.  For the curious in the audience, the event was captured on film.  The moment was so profound, that it knocked the audio out of sync.  Our apologies for being that awesome.  Without further ado, please for to be enjoying the Buffy Jones Soda tasting.


Tara's review list in order of preference:
#1 - Xander's Strawberry/Lime
#2 - Dawn's a Centaur! Root Beer
#3 - Willow's Green Apple Witch's Brew
#4 - Twilight's Old Moon Orange & Cream
#5 - Buffy's Blue Bubblegum
#6 - Giles's Grape Potion

Bitsy's review list in order of preference:
#1 - Giles's Grape Potion
#2 - Dawn's a Centaur! Root Beer
#3 - Willow's Green Apple Witch's Brew
#4 - Xander's Strawberry/Lime
#5 - Twilight's Old Moon Orange & Cream
#6 - Buffy's Blue Bubblegum




As you can see, our opinions/favorites differed quite a bit but eh, to each his own. Have you sampled the ye olde Jones?  What did you think?



21 comments:

Tara said...

This seriously has me lol'ing across the room. "Down the hatchet" Wtf? Classic.

I could use some of that Xander's Strawberry Lime right about now.

Unknown said...

You guys would booze up this event!

Tara said...

We certainly did try! I think a twist of lemon would've helped ;)

Unknown said...

Also, rum may not have been the best liquor to incorporate with root beer (was it root beer? Can't remember now). Perhaps something more neutral next time? Like vodka?

Michelle said...

I can't fully express how much I love this!

mbatz said...

Ha! You guys are silly:)

Doreen said...

love it!

Nathan said...

YOU HATE WILLOW?! Of course everyone is entitled to their oppinions but, it's... it's Willow. How can you not love her?

Other than that you guys are hilarious good job!

Bitsy said...

I should clarify: I hate Willow now. I loved her best for five, long seasons. Then season 6 happened. Followed by season 7. And, oh, season 8. Now I hate her with the intense fire of a thousand, hot, nerd-raging suns.

Tara said...

For me, since this was filmed right around Issue 40's release, the hate is more toward naughty, up-to-no-good-again, Season 8 Willow. But "good times" Willow always softens the heart. I'm sure I'll like her again.

Michelle said...

Since we're all chiming in, I haven't liked Willow since the beginning of Season 6 and Season 8 definitely didn't do her any favors.

Unique Geek said...

Dawn's looked foul. But then again, Dawn IS foul. Hers would have been my most hated, just from the name ... and yes, I AM talking about the Dawn part ... not the Root Beer part. I have NO idea what root beer is.

Tara said...

Haha, oh no Martyn! They don't have Root Beer in your neck of the woods? Do you have sarsaparilla?

Well, let me try: root beer is kind of like a clove flavored cola. I don't know if that describes it at all but it's gooood.

mbatz said...

Ok then, I hated Willow since she got all freaky with Anya in S5 - the ep where she brought back frigging Olaf and tried to steal all of Giles' inventory and blame Anya! WTF! 'Triangle"

mbatz said...

P.S. I love Dawny!!!

Tara said...

oh yes, mbatz...you love Dawn! Fandom is so split on Dawn, right?

Also lol to "frigging Olaf".

mbatz said...

Fandom is so split on EVERYTHING Tara:) It is the fun and the bane of being a fan:)

Michelle said...

Perfectly said, mbatz, perfectly said.

Patrick Shand said...

This is amazing. That is all.

Unique Geek said...

Tara, root beer sounds foul! So therefore I hate all of Dawn's drink without even trying it.

Tardigrade said...

So you guys are pretty cute although choosing rum as a mixer was not so good. These are Jones' regular flavors re-packaged into Buffy-themed bottles. I've had Jones sodas before and always had an "eh" reaction. The root beer and grape are OK but there are much better root beer and grape sodas out there. I sorta liked the Strawberry-Lime and I was surprised how much I liked the Bubble Gum since I expected to hate it.

But now all the empty bottles, nice, clean and collection-ready sit on the shelves of my kitchen cookbook collection. There they sit as a visitor's first Test to learn whether they react with "Hey! You're really into Buffy!" or "Oh...so I guess you kinda like that Buffy show,"....