Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March Madness - The Hairpocalypse Round 1b

The first part of round one went off without a hitch. It also went off without a hatchet. A hatchet. Please to be enjoying my Buffy Jones Soda in jokes. Let's recap what's happened so far.

- Oz's skull of many hues made minced meat apocalyptic pie out of the gang from Dollhouse's Epitaph episodes.

- Buffy's Bad Ass Bangs banged Duskhu's less-erotic-than-it-was-intended-to-be dominatrix ponytail thingie.

- Buffy's cute Season 6 Bob only just barely escaped the Burning Bed that is Anya's Farrah hair.

- William he Bloody Awful Poet and his bloody awful hair trounced Connor's even awfuller Tro-Clon mess.

But we can't stop there. Oh, no. So much... memorable... hair still to go. This time it's a trip to Jayne's Bunk where, somehow, everybody (and their luscious locks) manage to squeeze in. Who will win? Your arbitrary mood swings (in America we call them "votes") decide!

Vote below for the Whedonverse hair style that is so bad-ass (or just plain bad) that it would bring forth the apocalypse. This part of round 1 ends Thursday, 3/10 at 11:59 PM EST. Be there or be a hexadecimal! Or something!

Round 1 - Region 2. Location "Jayne's Bunk"













Click below to see the enlarged bracket for the entire Hairpocalpse Tourney:



9 comments:

Tara said...

OOoohh! Why was this actually so hard for me?!?! I went against my gut on nearly every single one. I'm ashamed.

This is supposed to be silly and easy! Not like "The Wish" vs. "OM,WF" or whatever that disaster battle was in the "Episode Tourney". Jeez!

DivaDea said...

Gah! I had completely forgotten about the Book hair of awesome. Shame! So much love for that hair.
And I'm in love with the whole look of the first slayer. And, oh oh oh, I would have the blue Illyria hair for my very own if I could.

PS Could we do outfits next March?

heroine_tv said...

I think I'm now rooting for Book's hair to take it all the way. "It's still there. Waiting." Hee.

heroine_tv said...

Book: "River, please, why don't you come on out?" River: "No! Can't. Too much hair."

River: "Just keep walkin', preacher man."

Zoe: "River, honey, he's putting the hair away now." River: "It doesn't matter. It's still there ... waiting."

I mean, what other hair warrants such dialogue? LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Tara said...

Re: heroine_tv - Hee! It is a pretty hilarious and Hairpocalyptic moment of the Whedonverse. I can easily see Book's crazy mane taking this whole tourney.

Re: Divadea - Good idea! That seems like a perfectly natural next step in this tourney and let's face it, some of the Whedonverse clothes are apocalypse worthy...probably even more than the hair! Willow's muppet sweaters anyone?

mbatz said...

Easy peezy for me, since I'm voting the do's I like the best:)

Shepherd...ummmm....no...looks like you pulled a Daffy Duck finger in the electric socket move! Love Darla's powdered locks FTW
ugh, Spike's 2 tone chrome..blech and since I'm partial to pageboyish gothy, it's Buff's Flapper FTW
I'll take hippie dreads over 70's afro...First Slayer FTW
And finally, as I said "gothy" so I love Illyria's dead look rocking the blue hair FTW. - hopefully for the whole torney:)

Unknown said...

I keep voting on which hair I like better. Am I supposed 2 be voting on which I dislike worse???

Michelle said...

Irene, Vote for the most apocalyptic - the one that would win in a battle!!!

This one was hard - I voted for Book, Buffy, Nicki Wood and Illyria.

Tara said...

I just have to say again: Darla's powdered wig is major! It's pretty crappy luck it's going to be pushed out of the Tourney so early, having been matched against one of the most apocalyptic Hair styles of them all.