Friday, March 18, 2011

March Madness - The Hairpocalypse Sweet Sixteen Round 2

I know I'm supposed to start off this post with a little something like this: "And the fun continues as we move closer to figuring out who in the Whedonverse will be hailed this year's March Madness 'Hairpocalypse' winner," but I just can't ignore my disappointment in the fact that Buffy's teeny tiny bangs will be seen no longer. That's right, Oz's many stylings beat out the teeniest and tiniest of bangs in the 'verse. I'm sad, people, I'm sad and I'm not alone, either. Check out what one twitter follower so eloquently said:

"I definitely voted for Bangs! It was just too much! or too little..." - @TammyYIP

Thanks Tammy and thanks to all for listening to my rant. Now, here are the full results from Sweet Sixteen Round 1:

As you already know, the teeny, tiny bangs are no more as Oz takes the round. Willliam the Bloody Awful Poet's hair beat out the 70's stylings of Anya, Shepard Book's hair kept Crazy Spike from leaving the basement, and the mighty Illyria took out the First Slayer for good. 

This round will have 4 matches and will end Sunday night at 11:59 PM EST.

Vote below for the Whedonverse hair style that is so bad-ass (or just plain bad) that it would bring forth the apocalypse:






















Click below to see the entire Hairpocalypse Tourney enlarged:



8 comments:

skyroom80 said...

I haven't voted in this round, yet. However, about the bangs vs Oz's multi-colored hair? You guys DID say "bad" or "badass." I've been voting both, when it's merited. And, sorry, but Oz's hair is more badass than Buffy's bangs are bad.

Does that make sense?

aphasia said...

Totally agreed! I didn't really mind the bangs...But I can't believe Illyria beat what's her name the first slayer- really?? Anyway, um, any idea why it's not letting me vote? Is it really too late? I just got the email...

Toni said...

Um, I can't vote. It's acting like I already did vote this round but I know I didn't . . .

I was really looking forward to voting for that AWFUL mustache! :)

Tara said...

Skyroom that makes total sense. Don't worry, I don't blame you. But Michelle prolly does ;)

aphasia and Tony, I don't know WTF happened but the polls are back in effect. Sorry! Vote away...

Tara said...

Willow's witchy "Chosen" do is beating out the bouffant now, huh? Wonder if the bouffant from "The Witch" with the major french twist hybrid action would've changed people's minds. Hairpocalyptic!!

mbatz said...

I'm so hot for "beer bad" Buffy hair!!!

Tara said...

Ha! Mbtaz. You loooove the wild girls.

mbatz said...

I really do!