Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Part 2 of March Madness Whedonverse Character Tourney - The Worst of the Lot

Welcome to part 2 of our Biannual Whedonverse Tourney. We thought we'd flip the script and try to find the opposite of our usual fare...specifically, who is the most hated character of the entire Whedonverse? Well we intend to find out as we give you March Madness: The Worst of the Lot.

With all the *other stuff* going on in the 'verse this week, the tourney might be a bit skewed. Let's try to put current issues aside and ask ourselves: who does this fandom despise most? A character so lame, so annoying, we just wish never existed at all? At the end of this ambitious month long journey, we'll know for sure. Over the next 4 weeks we will give out computer-generated randomized pairings of characters from Joss Whedon shows: Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dr. Horrible and Dollhouse.

In part 1, we found out that the following people have been saved from fandom hatred:

Chantarelle/Lily/Anne
Glory
Andrew
Joyce Summers
Virginia Bryce
Lindsey McDonald
Oz
Topher Brink
Principal Snyder
Principal Flutie
Winifred Burkle
Drogyn
Willy the Snitch
Jonathan
Jenny Calendar
Lilah Morgan

Guess you like those guys enough! Next up is part 2 of round 1 and has 16 matches below. It will end in 72 hrs - March 6th at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time. See the pairings below and if you're playing, make sure to click the name you DISLIKE. Remember, we're trying to find the worst of the lot here...so if they annoy you, click away.

Click here to view the full Tournament Bracket.






















































































12 comments:

Scar said...

That round was so much more difficult than the last one! Penny vs Anya? I love them both too much!

Anonymous said...

River of Illyria??
You cut me.

Cool Hip [InyRules] said...

Some of these are cruel already! Victor vs. Echo?! Penny vs. Anya?! Illyria vs. River?! AH!

Aerliss said...

Is that Victor v Echo or who-ever-Victor-is v Caroline. Honestly... Caroline annoys me slightly.

Nat said...

Much harder than the first round, but I think Illyria, River is going to be toughest fought

mbatz said...

I went chalk except I CAN"T BELIEVE ECHO IS LOSING!! And poor Sunday, I loved her

mbatz said...

Heh. "Big Gay Larry". Whatever happened to him? I forget. Did he get eaten by the Mayor?

mbatz said...

Oh, one more thing. Is this most hated character or most worthless? Cause I really hated Warren but he was a great and signifigant character whereas someone like the Aprilbot is fairly worthless:)

Michelle said...

mbatz, I think Big Gay Larry died at the end of Season 3. it's funny, but he had some pretty good character development during his short stint and he was in "The Wish", too as a white hat!

As for voting, I think you should vote for who you dislike most. For instance, Anya isn't worthless, but I really don't like the character (unpopular, I know), so I voted her in.

Now, here are my votes:

Halfrek
Sunday (This stems from my hate of Season 4)
Gwendolyn Post
Cassie Newton
Kendra
Jesse (I don't know why, but I hate him)
River (This was tough and I don't feel good about it at all)
Caleb (I can't believe Whistler's loosing/winning? He was awesome)
Principle Wood
April Bot
Amy Madison
Izzy the Devil
Echo (Most know how I feel about Dollhouse, but one of the few bright stars in that show was Victor)
Anya (See above)
Warren
The Beast (Love the episode Buffy vs. Dracula. It's so slayer-mythos heavy)

mbatz said...

Michelle, if that's the case with voting(hated over worthless), I fear for Dawn's life:). But for me, just throw all the Potentials (and Connor) in the the Sunnydale crater and call it a day:).... Army Xander beat his ass too (Big Gay Larry). Can't get a hate on for him, I liked his character:)

Michelle said...

Yes, Dawn's days are probably numbered. I'll vote for her consistently myself. I warmed up to Conner in the After the Fall comics, but he really is the male version of Dawn (whiney, self involved, etc.), so I wouldn't care if he wins this contest.I also absolutely agree with your feelings about the Potentials. Yuck!

Alf * Alfie said...

Ok this is getting difficult, but i'm loving it!!