Sunday, March 21, 2010

Round 3 - March Madness Whedonverse Character Tourney: The Worst of the Lot

Here lies the final part of round 3. After this next round, we'll have your Sweet Sixteen...or, what, Skanky Sixteen? If you're totally confused and just joining us, we're having a March Madness tournament and so far we've weeded out the top 104 best and most loved characters of the entire Whedonverse which leaves us with these guys, otherwise known as "The Worst of the Lot."

Basically, we thought we'd switch things up and try to find the opposite of 2009's Tourney. In other words, who is the suckiest character of the entire Whedonverse? We've been giving out randomized pairings of characters from Joss Whedon shows: Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and Dr. Horrible and will be for the rest of the month. So if the character sucks in your opinion, vote for them.

In the first half of Round 3, we found out that the following people have been saved from fandom hatred:
Hank Summers - the deadbeat that he is was saved by a mere 3 votes!
Potential Rona - when Potentials are saved, you know the remaining characters suck.
Ben...is Glory...is Ben
Ugh, I hate to say it. EVE! Eve was saved as Der Kindestod, a legitimatly scary demon may I add, is apparently a more hated character.
Sunday - saved by Gwendolyn Post's suckage.
Whistler
Aprilbot - barely saved by Izzy the Devil (who I guess is REALLY hated since he's been against some real douche bags)
and Echo

Next up is the last part of Round 3 and has 8 matches listed below. It will end in 72 hrs - March 24th at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time. Check out the opponents below and if you're playing, make sure to click the name you DISLIKE. Don't get confused...we're trying to find the worst of the lot here. If they suck, click 'em.

Click here to view the full Tournament Bracket, updated with the winners so far.

I can't stress this enough...DON'T CLICK ON YOUR FAVORITES, VOTE FOR THE OPPOSITE!

































5 comments:

Michelle said...

Why is Electric Gwen still in this? She was cool and had a pretty good story arc considering she had a brief stint on Angel.

I'm also surprised Ted's still here. Yeah he was a mass murdering woman hater, but he also made drug-laden cookies and mini-pizzas.

I agree with Tara when it comes to Eve. She was the poor woman's Lilah and should still be in this thing.

Nat said...

Like Michelle I'm surprised that Gwen is there. I didn't like her on first watch but she grew on me.

I think this just might be the round that Dawn is saved. Numero Cinco is way worse

mbatz said...

Glad Sunday got saved (love that name!) and I'm sad Ben is safe. Most of my pics this round have less votes so far - strange. Rack and Sahijhan was tough, I went with Sahj over the I'm not a drug dealer I'm just an obvious metaphor Rack. Justine over Ted. Man slut Parker over Gwen. Linwood over The Annoying One - he was saved by that hilarious "I hate that girl" line at the end of When She Was Bad. Connor and Kennedy of course. Holland manners over Enyos (liked both their deaths:) And Numero Cinco over Dawn - I mean come on, Dawn can't win this whole thing, right? She's Dawnie:)

Scar said...

Veruca vs Kennedy? Tough one!

Anonymous said...

I actually didn't hate Numero Cinco that much. His episode pretty much sucked, but he was kinda cute. Dawn is wayyyy worse! I had a really hard time picking between Rack and Sahjhan, they are both REALLY terrible!